Tourism has proved to be an area of increasing importance in the countries’ economy, its transversely has been reflected in the increasing automation of professional profiles focused on management, planning and development, economics and marketing, technology and whose demand is widely recognized in countries whose bet focuses on the integrated and sustained development of tourism.
The mission of the Faculty of Tourism, Hospitality and Catering is to train a tourism professional committed to the excellence and quality of services in their area of activity, with a high sense of responsibility and ethical posture, contributing to their insertion in society as transforming agents.
The Faculty of study diploma in tourism management in Malaysia Tourism, Hospitality and Catering, as an educational institution, aims to promote education in multiple forms and degrees, science, general culture as well as the ethics and appreciation of the human person through science.
The Tourism, Hospitality and Catering courses have the central objective of providing students with a set of professional and personal skills that enable them to manage and develop tourism, adequately responding to the challenges posed by the sector in the context of its economic importance.
Thus, the FTHR aims to:
- Train professionals in the tourism sector able to enter the professional sector and committed to the development of Malaysian society;
- Encourage research to develop new products and markets for the benefit of the tourism sector;
- Develop a culture of work and passion for tourism through teaching;
- Promote tourism development initiatives that encourage the participation of the local population and the enhancement of endogenous resources;
Provide higher academic training capable of providing students with skills in matters of tourism, and business development.
- Integrate sectorial issues within the scope of the country’s socio-economic complexity;
- Understand the scope of the role of public policies;
- Evaluate processes and results in order to achieve regulations and readjustments that can optimize means and policies for local, regional, provincial or national tourism development;
- Manage and develop human and material resources in an ethical and socially responsible manner;
- Properly manage techniques and technological innovations in order to guarantee the competitiveness of tourist destinations;
- Organize the potential of the national tourist offer in a structured way, based on current courses and tourist attractions and to be developed in the future;
Undertake initiatives to create companies with an impact on the local community.
Government officials with the capacity and willingness to implement the objectives of tourism and maximize the economic and social benefits for the population;
National tourism development managers;
Tourism managers in conservation areas contributing to the preservation of natural resources and wildlife;
Tourism managers at the community level allowing the potential and social benefits of tourism to be channeled to local communities;
Professional private business managers in the tourism industry: airports, travel agencies, rent-a-car, hotels, restaurants, tourist entertainment, nature tourism company managers, cultural and heritage tourism. For more articles such as this one, click here.